How To Get The Beach Body You Want
It’s February; and that means nearly 80 percent of New Year’s resolutions have fizzled out, many of which were health related.
The good news is that it’s not too late to get the results you want in time for summer swimwear. With a combination of diet and exercise, you still have time to transform your body. Even stubborn body areas can be improved—with a bit of help from The Centre P.C.
It’s All About Nutrition…
Whether you want to lose fat or build muscle, what you eat is more than half the battle. Eating well, and operating at a healthy caloric deficit, is the first step toward a healthier you.
Since 99 percent of us hate the word “diet,” try adding more color to your meals. Spring is a great time to sample seasonal fruits and vegetables like strawberries, asparagus, butter lettuce (who knew lettuce had a season?) and kiwi.
Rather than cut out food groups, try munching on fruits or vegetables at the beginning of a meal, so you eat more healthy foods full of nutrients and fiber to fill you up.
Here’s another quick tip: if you have a hard time avoiding sweets or salty snacks, buy fewer of these things at the grocery store. Out of sight, out of mind!
Make Time for Exercise
We get it, you’re busy with life and doing what you love. If you love the gym, keep it up (and maybe tell us your secret?).
Even small lifestyle changes can pay healthy dividends. Take the dog for an extra walk each day; do squats while you brush your teeth.
There are plenty of workout videos available for free on YouTube or video streaming services like Amazon Prime. It doesn’t matter if you hire a personal trainer or find a free routine online, whatever you do, consistency is key.
You work hard to look good, but sometimes, specific body areas are stubborn to change. At the Centre P.C., we offer a variety of services (for men and women!) to help achieve the results you want.
- Body lifts target excess skin and contour your body after you’ve achieved significant weight loss
- Liposuction can help you target stubborn fat deposits
- BodyTite Body Contouring is a less invasive form of liposuction for skin tightening and fat reduction
- Thigh lifts can smooth your skin while reducing fat deposits
- Tummy tucks reshape your tummy after significant changes; and
- Breast augmentation can give you the confidence you need to rock the perfect swimsuit
Before you head to the beach, don’t forget to protect your skin! Facial treatments are great for correcting skin damage before or after summer fun kicks off. We offer both surgical and nonsurgical treatments to help you look your best.
The Centre Yourself Medical Rejuvenation Spa provides services to reverse signs of facial aging and sun damage. Options include:
- Dermal fillers – helps smooth facial wrinkles and folds for younger-looking skin
- Collagen stimulators – injectable treatments to supplement collagen, stimulate collagen production, and soften facial lines
- Wrinkle smoothing products (such as BOTOX) – relaxes facial muscles that when used over time lead to furrows on your forehead or wrinkles around your eyes and mouth
- Liquid facelifts – a combination of dermal fillers and collagen stimulators to soften lines, stimulate collagen production to make your skin vibrant
Our certified skin care specialists are happy to talk to you about your skin care goals. Here’s a sampling of popular products:
- Probiotics for skin care: Mybody® Skin Care products are formulated for specific skin conditions from acne to wrinkles and are safe for sensitive skin
- Prescription-strength acne and anti-aging products: Obagi Skin Care products can work together to achieve your goal through their potent, high-quality ingredients
- Skin-cleansing systems: Clarisonic is an easy-to-use, hand-held device that in less than a minute can remove more than six times the makeup you can with hand washing
- Mineral-based makeup: Jane Iredale makeup is designed with skincare benefits in mind and recommended by dermatologists
- Eyelash enhancement: Latisse is an FDA-approved prescription solution to address hypotrichosis, a condition in which a person experiences inadequate growth of the eyelashes
- Joint relief: Biotone spa products offer cooling relief to joints and muscles and enhance the effects of massage therapy
Whether your goal is facial rejuvenation or maybe a treatment to help contour your body after weight loss, we’ll help you get ready for summer – all you need to do is find a beach!